I’ve been truly lucky and blessed and have been nominated for another award, this time it’s the Sunshine Award, and not once, not twice but THRICE!! The award is “given to those who inspire us and bring ‘sunshine’ into our lives”. This is such an awesome award and I really am touched and I feel very welcomed amongst everyone here in the blogosophere. I was nominated first by Karen over at KPSays and then by Natalie from Yours Truly NY and finally by Christine over at LifeBeingGirly. The awards have come with different sets of question so I’m going to meld them together here, hope you don’t mind!
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award
- Answer 10 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 10 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve the recognition.
- Post 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all of them know that they have been nominated.
10 Questions from Natalie!
1. What is one of your bad habits?
I swear like a sailor and would make Popeye look like St Peter.
2. Would you rather be happy and poor or sad and rich?
Oh to be rich, but poor and happy I guess, that’s the correct answer right?
3. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
Those people that talk incessantly at you and can’t read your body language to see that you’re uncomfortable and aren’t interested. Just shut up already!
4. Favourite drink?
Non-alcoholic would be water (I know I’m boring), alcoholic would be red wine – Tempranillo to be precise
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Always and forever Johnny Depp! I love you Gilbert Grape!!
6. Pick one that you collect the most: Shoes? Clothes? Jewellery? Sunglasses? Make-up? Bags? Nail polish?
All of the above except nail polish. My bedroom is a shrine to retail therapy!
7. What is your favourite food?
Hmmmm I generally love most food, but probably pasta
8. Describe yourself in three words.
Fun, fabulous and filthy!
9. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?
This depends on whether I’m going out after work as I’ll tend to do more with my hair, but generally an hour; showering, hair, make-up and then choosing what to wear.
10. Favourite book at the moment?
Being a book worm that’s a tough one, but the last good book I read was White Teeth by Zadie Smith.
10 Questions from Karen
1. The 3 things you would never leave home without.
My iPhone, wallet and lipstick
2. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world (living or dead), who would it be? And why?
TOUGH one! OK since I can choose to resurrect anyone it’d be Elvis, because a) he would eat and not put me to shame with the amounts of food I can put away b) sing to me in his gorgeous voice and c) we’d get to play in the Jungle Room afterwards!!
3. If you had a fairy Godmother who could wave a magic wand and change ONE thing about yourself, what would it be?
You know when I was younger I could reel of a list of my “inadequacies” but now I’m learning to like (I can’t confess to loving them just yet) all of them. Let’s say naturally wavy hair instead of my dead straight mane.
4. What is your favourite comfort food? If you have a recipe, please share!
Chocolate! Oh and fries. Deep fried potatoes make everything better
5. What do you do to keep fit? Is there a fitness trend you would like to try?
At the moment I run and walk. I wouldn’t mind getting back into yoga and Pilates to help strengthen my core and my back issues.
6. What do you drink first thing in the morning?
Water, I’m boring that way
7. Top three favourite songs/artists?
Again, TOUGH to answer this as I love music so much and I have such an eclectic taste, but let’s go with Def Leppard, Chris Isaak and Blondie.
8. Mac or PC?
This question makes me laugh only because when I was graduating from high school I vowed that I’d never need to use a computer (this was when a crazy thing called the INTERNET just started to be a thing) as I was going to be an ACTOR! Long story short PC.
9. Who is your girl crush?
God this always changes with whatever TV show I’m watching, or celebrity I’m stalking on the ‘net at the time, but I would say Drew Barrymore, she’ll always have a soft spot in my heart.
10. What made you decide to start blogging?
My darling gal pal Adj-pants and I would email each other every day with a breakdown of our OOTD, what we’d brought in for lunch and any other hot topics we had on our minds (usually lipstick and why there are a lack of hot men in the office!). She really inspired me to take my love of styling bargain buys and sharing them with everyone.
Christina wanted to know where do I get my inspiration from and that’s easy – life in general. I love taking bits and pieces from other bloggers meld them with what’s hot in the magazines and add a dash of what my mood is like and voila you get Rosiefied!
The 10 bloggers I nominate for the Sunshine Award are:
My ten questions:
- What’s your “day” job?
- If you could wear one colour for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Do you have a speciality dish you make? What is it?
- Where is your ultimate travel destination?
- Are you the life of the party or the wallflower?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you could interview anybody for your blog who would it be and why?
- When was your first kiss?
- Sweet or savoury?
- If you were the opposite sex for the day what’s the first thing you’d do?
Don’t forget to tag me in as I can’t wait to read your answers, and if I haven’t tagged you please feel free to join in! I love these little Q&A’s!
What do you think of my answers?
Categories: People & Places