This past weekend I had a massive craving for some carbs and was dreaming about pasta. I love using fresh pasta from the fridge section at the supermarket. It’s super delicious and takes only a handful of minutes to boil up.
I found this recipe and knew it was exactly what I was craving. Fabulous and fresh with the peas and mint and then a massive zing from the chilli. Quick, simple and oh so delicious! Bon appetit xo
• 2 cups shelled or frozen peas
• 450g fresh pappardelle
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon hot chilli paste
• 2 Birdseye chilli
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
• Boil a large pot if water and add the peas. Cook until tender, approx 3-5 minutes. Remove the peas with a sieve and set aside.
• Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook per instructions.
• Meanwhile pop 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot add the chilli paste, fresh chilli and peas and cook for 2 minutes.
• When the pasta is tender drain and reserve a 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Toss the pasta through the peas and chilli and add the mint and cheese. Add the cooking water to thin out your sauce.
• Dig in with a large glass of wine and enjoy the fab meal you just made!