Once you make this recipe I have a feeling you will either praise my name from a mountain top because these are so goooood, or you will curse me for ever having put this idea in your head. Either way, you’re welcome! This is the most simple recipe ever but all your friends will think you busted a nut making these. There are only three ingredients and the only “hard” bit is to melt the chocolate.
I’ve made a batch of these to take down to my family Christmas luncheon by the beach (yes you can hate me) as well as my world famous German potato salad. And by world famous I mean my family goes nuts for it.
Whatever you’re doing this holiday season I hope you’re with your family and friends stuffing your face good and proper! Bon appetit xo
• 2 packets of Oreos
• 250g cream cheese (the full fat kind, let’s not kid ourselves now)
• 2 blocks white chocolate
• Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and leave to one side.
• If you’re lucky enough to have a food processor pop your Oreos in and crush until fine. If you’re roughing it like me pop your Oreos in a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin (think of all the crowds of people out in the shopping centres, that’s what helped me).
• Add the cream cheese and Oreos into a bowl and use your hands to mix them together.
• Once combined roll them into balls and place them on your baking tray and shove them in the fridge for the time being.
• Melt your chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave.
• Get the truffles out of the fridge and using a spoon drop them into the melted chocolate and roll them around coating them all. Lay them back on the baking tray and shove them back into the fridge until they set, about an hour.
• Once done make yourself a cuppa and pop your feet up an indulge in my sweet chocolate balls (sorry couldn’t resist). You deserve it, it’s been a long year!