I’ve been doing this Blood Group Diet, which I’ve told you all about, and it’s all fine and well during the week but it gets to the weekend and I just want to splurge! I know I shouldn’t though as I’m doing really well and feeling great but dammit I want some chocolate! OK, I may be PMSing too so cut me some slack and enjoy this amazing non-dairy mousse I’ve made. I found this easy recipe online and I’ve adapted it so that most ingredients can be found in your pantry. It tastes incredibly naughty and decadent and you’d be mistaken in thinking that it’s full of calories but it really isn’t. The only “naughty” thing in it (well for me anyway) is the avocado, but it’s a treat so I’m enjoying it! This could easily serve one person but it really is rich so I’d suggest sharing it, unless you really need a chocolate fix (ahem, like me) and then there’ll be no side eye from me.
This recipe is SUPER delicious and I’d love to know what you all think. Make it tonight and soothe those Monday blues away xo
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1/2 cup rice milk (or any milk of your choice)
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon coconut essence (optional)
• Remove the skin and the pit from the avocado and pop it in a food processor/blender along with all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
• Place the mousse in the fridge until chilled and then serve it with some berries.