Boy oh boy! After all my travel journals and MSFW 2014 I forgot to mention that I was nominated for some awards last month!!
Christina from lifebeinggirly AND Danielle from Manolos Mountains and Marriage nominated A Red Lip And A Nude Shoe for the One Lovely Blog Award. I also was nominated for a Liebster Award by Erin from Erin Charlotte – awwww shucks, that makes me feel so special and I love when fellow bloggers give each other a shout out
I thought I’d answer Erin’s questions because I just love questionnaires and I know you all love learning more about me (HA!) but I’ll skip my nominations and save them for the One Lovely Blog Award.
1. What’s your favourite thing about blogging? The fact that I’ve made some awesome new friends, something that I never even thought about when I first began.
2. What’s the biggest fashion disaster you’ve made? Oh where do I begin?! Let’s just say I used to love wearing a pair of green golf pants teamed with some VERY sensible shoes. Thankfully that was many moons ago.
3. Which subject was your favourite at school? Drama, followed by English, are you shocked?
4. If you had to live off one beauty brand for the rest of your life which would it be? This is hard! A toss up between Face of Australia and Maybelline perhaps.
5. Best book you’ve ever read? Too hard! This is like asking a mum to pick her favourite child. Here are a couple that spring to mind; ‘The Time Traveller’s Wife’ / “The Memory Keeper’s Daughter’ / ‘The Stand’
6. If you could meet anyone in the world who would it be? I’m very lucky in that I’ve met most of my heroes, but there are a couple left – Stephen King, Queen Elizabeth and Johnny Depp are three I’d love to meet
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Covering all the catwalk shows in Paris
8. Which clothing store is your favourite? Kmart!! Always manage to find something great.
9. Do you have a favourite perfume? This always changes, at the moment it’s Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
10. Name one place on Earth you’d like to visit the most. I would love to explore more of Asia.
11. Which song(s) are you loving right now? Hmmmm yeah I’ve heard there’s new music out there but alas I’m stuck in the past, preferably the 80s LOL!
OK so here’s what you need to know about the One Lovely Blog Award;
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here’s seven NEW facts about me:
- I seriously need to stop shopping, either that or buy a bigger house as I fear my wardrobe is about to burst! It’s so much fun though! I have popped myself on a “no-buy” September – only 20 days to go😐
- It’s almost my half-birthday again! Yes, I celebrate my half-birthday, do you?
- You all know that I absolutely love Def Leppard, and they were the 2nd concert I ever went to, but did you know the 1st was New Kids On The Block? I loved them so much as a teen (and maybe still do, what are you gonna do about it?)
- Sticking with music, the one constant band that is always on rotation in my car CD player is Matchbox Twenty. It’d be rude not to share a pic of Rob Thomas with you all…YOWZA and you’re welcome!
- I love tomatoes in every form but tomato juice. It’s so sad because I really want to be able to enjoy a Bloody Mary at brunch, but alas I guess I’ll stick to Mimosa’s in the morning.
- I’m planning on hitting all four days of the Spring Racing Carnival this year, you know what that means? Lots of fancy OOTDs!!
- I love watching religious movies based on Jesus (blame my Catholic school upbringing), I know it’s
a littlevery sacrilegious but the actor playing Jesus is always HOT! Look I’m not lying…OK I’m going to hell, but don’t tell my mum!!
I nominate the following amazing blogs for this award (in no particular order):
- Cutie Cameras
- Taken By The Lapels
- Etta’s Threads
- The Cole Collection
- Geelong Fashionista
- The Geek Chick
- I Am Serene L
- Wandering in Heels
- A Spoonful of Style
- The Posh Blog
- TopKnots & PolkaDots
- Love, Adjpants
- Colour Me Anna
Congrats ladies and thanks for the awesome work and all the inspiration, I just love reading all your blogs xo
Categories: People & Places