I love a good pairing; Sonny and Cher, vodka and tonic, Dolly and Kenny and the best by far would have to be peanut butter and chocolate – a marriage made in food porn heaven! There’s something so delicious about the gorgeous salty peanut butter mixed in with the sweet chocolate and when you add banana to the mix, well what can I say, in a word it’s DIVINE!
This recipe for Peanut Butter + Banana Bites is quick and easy and makes for a great snack before a work-out or as an after dinner treat. This would work best with big bananas (wouldn’t everything!) and I tried my hardest to find the biggest bananas *ahem* but my supermarket only had little ones. Alas they still worked out and didn’t last very long. Bon appetit xo
Peanut Butter + Banana Bites
- 2 large bananas
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, whatever floats your boat)
- 200g chocolate (again, your choice)
- 100g dessicated coconut
- toothpicks or lollipop sticks
- Peel and slice the bananas into round slices
- If you’re fancy you can use a piping bag, otherwise you can use a knife to spread the peanut butter onto the bananas then top with a plain banana slice – just like a sandwich. Insert a toothpick into each bite and pop them in the fridge to harden
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate, making sure to stir continuously. Once all melted pour the chocolate into a glass to make dipping the chocolate easier.
- Dip your banana bites into the chocolate and then place them onto some baking paper. Sprinkle the top with coconut. Once they’re all done pop them back into the fridge to harden. After and hour or two they’re ready to shove into your gob!