STONE THE CROWS! Happy Australia Day to all my fellow Aussies and to all my international beauties happy Monday to you! Today I’m sleeping in and savouring the day off, but not before I share this fabulous recipe for Lamington Pancakes with you all. Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast?! Weeeeelllll, I’m not the biggest fan of sweets for breakfast but a little treat now and then never hurt anyone. I’ve included a basic pancake recipe here for you, but in the spirit of Australiana I’m being a huge bludger and I’ve bought one of those pre-made shaker bottles to make mine. I know it’s lazy, but it’s so much easier than faffing about with all the ingredients PLUS it’s gluten free – how much easier can it can get for me?! Bon appetit xo
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 100g dark chocolate
- Make your pancake batter by combining the flour, sugar and 1/3 cup of coconut and then whisking in the milk and egg.
- Heat a large non-stick pan and lightly spray with cooking oil. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form at the top of the pancake. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Meanwhile melt your chocolate in a double boiler or quick blasts in the microwave.
- To plate up, divide the pancakes up (or don’t and just eat them all yourself!) and dollop the jam on top, then the melted chocolate and finish off with the remaining coconut. Eat immediately and then fall into a sugar coma!
Treat yourself! How will you be celebrating today? Will you be having a snag and a beer in honour of Australia Day?